I meant to clear some table space and to get out the watercolours but I wasn’t sure what to paint. Somehow I ended up starting to stick some squares and rectangles printed in copper on a thin paper with random fibres onto a slightly flecked beige paper.
I added some lines of colour, green leaf shapes with gold thread inclusions. Then I added petals that I’d created, printed onto different materials, 8 or more years ago.
I am not sure where I’m going with it from this point, and think that this is about a managed landscape or garden.
I found another bag of things to recycle or throw away whilst I thought about what to do next. I didn’t create space to paint, though it was another step forward.