We watched an Ouseburn Trust video about Ouseburn which contained a lot of interesting information.
I found a photocopy of an old Maling pottery catalogue, showing jug and bowl sets, so traced one of those and traced it onto card.
When it came to the printing, I decided to try printing first some names of plants that grow in the valley. I couldn’t remember which way round the word needed to go, although I did remember how to get the letters the right way. Printing the letters was the best way to check if I had got it right.
I hadn’t. I adjusted the order of the letters and tried again.
The second time was correct, and then I got the second word – yarrow – the right way round before printing.
Then I just had time to try printing the jug and bowl as the clear up started. The ink was a little too dry and there was no time to try a second time with more ink in this session.
We miss a Friday because it will be Good Friday. I will be continuing my research into images.